Newbie,seeking advice for letting go

Hi everyone. I am 28 yrs old. My mother has been an alcoholic for 18 years now. I am here to finally seek advice for myself and my siblings and not my mother. It has been a breath of fresh air to find this charity and to begin learning how alcoholism effects an entire family, Not just the person consuming the alcohol. Often we are forgotten about because we aren't suffering, the alcoholic is. Yet we are suffering and continue to. As I get older I realise just how severely this addiction has shaped me and my siblings. Now I want to seperate myself from my mothers addiction, to let go of her, her lies and denial about drinking. I am not my mother and I am not her drinking. I do not want this to define me..... I am seeking advice on how to cut her off and not feel the guilt. I know it will be hard. I feel I need to cut contact to live my own life that has always been about her. Yet I am scared as my ex lost his mum to liver failure and I know this will plague my mind. Can I find peace cutting her off? Have any of you found peace in no contact? Many thanks and love x