Hi Everyone

Where on earth do I start? I am 29 years old and I have 1 sister who is 27. We have been brought up with parents who constantly were drunk. Alcohol always came first. We could only go to friends houses for tea if their parents could bring us home as my dad would open a can of super strength lager as soon as he got in from work. Carnival nights were spent sitting outside the local pub then after the carnival had finished it would be hours before we were able to go home and then had to support our parents. The list and stories are endless.

Both my sister and I suffered post natal depression after we had girls and our counsellors believed it was because we could see ourselves in the girls and it brought childhoo memories flooding back and we were afraid of failing our daughters. My Sister has 2 girls and I have a Son who is 8, a daughter 3 and a Son who was 1 a couple of weeks ago.

My parents are divorced now and my dad lives in Rhodes with his wife. My Mum lives alone and still drinks. That's why I'm here - I feel like I'm going crazy half the time.

Look forward to getting to know people.

Michayla x

Forums: