Saying a BIG Hello!
Dear COAP Members,
My name is Carrotcake and I have been part of COAP for just over 2 years and have found it incredible helpful! Over the last year or so I haven't been able to be active on the site however I am now back (incredibly thrilled by this!).
I found this site one day when I was frustrated with my alcoholic mother and frantically googling the effects of having an addict parent as a child and the effects it may casue when the child is an adult. Of course I found many disheartening facts however I then found COAP. COAP has taught me many many things which I would like to share:
1) That I was an adult way before my time
2) No matter how hard I try I can never stop my mum from opening a vodka bottle
3) Pleasing everyone isn't always the best option
4) The saying 'Out is better than in' is so right
5) Every problem is not always my fault
6) I can't control every situation
7) I am stronger than I ever thought
8) I do have the potential to have a sucessful future even if my parents haven't.
9) I AM NOT ALONE!
10) I do deserved to be loved
11) I am loved
12) Worrying about a situation 24/7 is not helpful
13) It's ok to show my vunerable side
14) The support from COAP is priceless!
All the best,
Carrotcake - Senior Mentor