Time to cut myself off from my mother.

Hi everyone. I am 28 and live in Canada. I feel like I might be a bit old for this forum? But, nonetheless I am here. My mother has been an alcoholic since I was 7 years old. She began drinking heavily when my oldest sister died at the age of 15, suddenly. My mom is a binge drinker. She will have a couple months of functioning like a semi-normal person, but then go on benders that last up to a couple weeks. She has a really hard time when she runs out of alcohol. She has hallucinations, tremors, vomits, etc. All that fun stuff.

Forums: 

Moving on with life and letting go of alcoholic mum

Hello everyone I've just joined and here is my story, I'll try keep it short. I'm writing because some other stories on here seem similar in ways to my own experiences.

Forums: 

New to this - my alcoholic mum.

I feel almost guilty for writing this, like she's going to find out that I've gone anywhere else with my story. My mum has been drinking for as long as I can remember, but right now it's a particularly rough patch where we are constantly freezing eachother out and I don't know what to do?

Forums: 

Worried about mum coping with dad

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in over three years, but I felt like I needed to today.

Forums: 

Suicidal Alcoholic Mother

My Grandmother is dying!

Hello, its been a while since i have posted. Recently i had posted a pretty positive post about getting engaged and planning a wedding and a family. However my mums mum has been battling ovarian cancer for the last two years now, my aunt called me yesterday to tell me that it isn't looking good and my gran is likely going to be moved to a hospice. 

Forums: 

6 years on Nothing changes

Hi All,

I havent posted in a while now, mainly because i have been able to be happier with myself and have the courage to stand up to my mum and her verbal and emotional abuse without getting dragged down.

Forums: 

Worried For Her Life

I'm very worried for my mother's health at the moment. She hasn't eaten any food in over a week now, and whenever she does eat, she has a singular mouthful per day. My carer is worried she has cancer.

My mum has never prepared me for what happens if she is to die. I'm disabled, and very lucky that my carer has been living with me for a while now. But my carer does have a life. And if she has to leave, I don't know what I'll do. I rely so much on her to be a maternal figure, even though she is only a year older than me.

Forums: 

From One Addiction To Another

Hello everyone,

My name is Mary. I'm 22 years old and I live in England. I am disabled, and I live with my mum, an addict. Since I was 14, my mum has been a prescription drug addict (codeine and valium) but she has also had many problems with over-the-counter drugs such as Nurofen Plus. She used to be addicted to Nytol but did very well at giving that up.

Forums: 

Hi there:)

Hey :) it seems like no-one has used this forum in a while, I guess everyone's taking a break over Christmas :) 

Forums: 

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - mum