Don't know how to cope with my dads alcoholism and the hostile environment anymore

I live with my dad and my stepmum. My dad has been an alcoholic for probably 40 years.

Forums: 

Still unsure.

I'm still unsure. My dad is high functioning and bipolar. Sometimes I try to convince myself he doesn't have any addictions. I struggle a lot with feeling hurt. He says he loves me, but then keeps on doing it. He goes back and forth and it's reay confusing. My mom was in a coma a while back and was in the hospital for a month. the night she came home my dad locked himself in the upstairs bedroom and drank. He's not violent, I never feel threatened. Mostly it's like being abandoned.

Forums: 

Cut off contact with alcoholic dad

Hi,

I just found this site and was wondering if any of you have cut off contact with an alcoholic parent?

Forums: 

alcoholic dad!

hi my names jordan... im a girl by the way!

my dads an alcoholic, i dont live with him i used to see him quite alot when i was abit younger im 13 now i have a counsellor it helps for a couple of days but when something bad happens i dont have anyone to talk to ... and this is my story so far

i have two dads one of them is drunk and one of them is sober im gong to tell you about the drunk one and i hope you can help me  :)

Forums: 
Subscribe to RSS - addicted dad