In spite of the corona virus quickly spreading around the UK, the Nacoa helpline will remain open for the foreseeable future. Nacoa operates in a relatively contained work environment, which will allow staff and some volunteers to safely continue manning the helpline for children affected by their parent’s drinking.
This is a time of real concern for children of alcohol-dependents. Social connection with the outside world often provides vital refuge from often chaotic or difficult lives at home. In high demand, and measures for social distancing in place, we are having to condense the normal opening hours.
Opening times will temporarily be:
Monday to Saturday
Helpline: 0800 358 3456 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To safeguard our staff, members, and volunteers, the following plans will be immediately put in place. If you have any queries related to our work, during this time, please contact us on email@example.com.
Nacoa plan to keep staff and volunteers safe
17 March 2020
Mindful of the government’s advice (dated 17 March 2020), Nacoa will:
- Postpone Foundation and Ongoing Training Programmes until further notice
- Support cancellation of Upfest, London Marathon, London Landmarks Half-Marathon
- Postpone the Big Nacoa Walk
- Support cancellation of other sponsored events
- Postpone trustees and other meetings other than by Skype
- Consider postponing Big Nacoa Walk, 9 May
- Consider postponing Volunteers Awards Evening, 19 June
- Staff and volunteers to self-exclude from office, if unwell